Monday, May 11, 2009

Really Happy Mother's Day !

We left the Salisbury Family festivities Saturday afternoon and drove to a resort in Braselton, Georgia called Chateau Elan. Will was quite happy to splash in the pool and eat a hot dog....then his Cookie gave Katie and I the afternoon off to lay out by the pool while the two boys took a nap in the hotel room.



The resort has vineyards on its grounds through which Will enjoyed running and playing a great game of "git choo"



In the evening we ate dinner at a restaurant on the resort grounds called Paddy's Pub - an authentic Irish Pub....Will loved the Irish music and did an Irish Jig much to the patrons' delight - he then proceeded to work his way around the room and gave everyone "high fives" and "fist hits" quite the crowd pleaser.



Although it was great fun to see everyone enjoy our curly headed grandson's antics I was also caught up in the memories of one year ago when my eldest cousin Rick Dulin died...our family gathered at this same resort to celebrate his life at this same Irish Pub (our family is Irish or at least some mixture of....) I miss Rick. I can still hear his voice in my mind and still see the things that brought him happiness...He has left a hole in our family. He would have loved to see Will dance since he too enjoyed dancing - a lot!

To My Big Cousin Rick I dedicate the following video:

Mother's Day was very special to spend with my daughter and grandson although I missed my sons Adam and Reagan . I never take it for granted when I get to spend time with my kids - it is so precious to me! We spent most of the day traveling to get home but it was a joy to cuddle with Will on the plane and have him fall asleep in the arms of his Lovie. He is really a social butterfly telling everyone he meets "hi" and making sure he tells everyone on the plane or the DFW Skylink or wherever - "bye bye" . Thank you God for blessing me with children and a grandchild. I ended the day with more blessings by celebrating with my own mother and my husband Tom. I am filled with joy.

No comments: